Dear Tiger Families,
I have missed each of you over the past couple of weeks as it has seemed to be a tumultuous winter break that was extended with record low temperatures and conditions most of us have not experienced in our lives (especially in Thrall, Texas)! Thrall ISD has had great weather the past 2-days and has worked tirelessly to prepare as broken water lines and restored services were handled to provide the essentials for our students.
My sincere thanks and appreciation are shared with the TISD Team and the skilled volunteers who have come to aid in this nearly impossible situation as we just completed the task. We feel we have succeeded and will open school as planned for tomorrow, Monday February 22nd. Please know these are key points I'd like to share:
- This day of returning will be more about the needs (physical and emotional) for our students and staff alike; we will share together!
- There is no expectation for you to return on Monday, but we will be here for your return this week and will allow your family to return to a normal schedule if necessary
- District will be sending out notices to see how we can serve you: water, food (sent home), shower options, etc. Please check the website or contact your campus directly for more details.
- Some staff may be offering Virtual options for Monday, but this may be limited as it is a difficult task
- The 4th Six Weeks has been extended by a period of 1-week and will end this Friday, February 26th
We plan to utilize a waiver through TEA for the missed days of instruction last week so that we do not have to make these up.
We Will NOT return to NORMAL; We WILL Return to BETTER!